Hello. Im using AUTOSTART app on a media tv box. MXQ PRO. This app starts the app i want AFTER i start this app. It does NOT start the app i want automatically. I want to skip the home page menu. Have i missed something?
it should start the app automatically, you are right. Can you try the following:
a. Try it with a different app (to see if the autostart works)
b Try it with a different intent like: ON MEDIA SCANNER FINISHED
Let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Hello… I’m using Autostart for a clipboard syncing app (Unclip). I want it to stay on in the background. I’m using options Autostart and Stay. The default polling is set to 8 seconds. Only problem is that every time Autostart polls it starts the app even if it is already running in the background and leaves it open where I have to manually close it. Am I missing something? Is there a way to have Autostart only start the app if it is not not running in the background already and if it does restart the app, close it to the background?
Thanks for feedback! Let my clarify what you can and can’t do, so it will be of use to you:
1. You can’t launch an app directly to the background.
2. You can protect an app from being killed by the Android OS.
3. You can only sense if an App is not running and relauch it in the foreground.
4. Autostart is only to start an App given an intent, e.g. when you connect to a wifi. For this you don’t need the AndSY service.
For 3. I don’t think this works with Services. I have to look into this (unfortunately not the coming 3 weeks). If not, I will note this for a future feature. 🙂
Thanks for the response… So, how do I protect the app from being killed? That is what I am looking to do.
Omg sorry Jmorales, it is typo. It should be can’t. Correcting it.
trying to config this app on an android 6 phone.
– enabled ‘start service on boot’ in the settings
– added an app to the list and activated the autostart (+15sec) and stay options.
After rebooting the phone, the selected app is not started and neither is the service.
Can you please assist me in debugging this issue ?
fyi: I tried the same on an android 7 phone and this seems to be ok.
thanks in advance for your help,
Thanks for your feedback! A few remarks. If you want only to use the Autostart feature, you don’t need to use the service at all. The service is needed for the “Stay” and “Persist” options.
Can you please try any of the following:
1. Use a different autostart intent like: ON MEDIA SCANNER FINISHED.
2. Re-install the app? (some users reported that this could fix the issue with Android 6)
Let me know how it goes!
thanks for the tips. Unfortunatly …
– first I re-installed the app … but this did not help
– secondly I changed the autostart option from “on boot compleded” to “on media scanner finished” … but also without success.
=> the selected app is still not auto-started.
and yes, I did want to use the ‘stay’ option too … So I would need the andsy service to start automaticaly … which it isn’t at this time …
any suggestions or options to debug ?
I see. 🙁
Can you send me an email so I can send you a version to help me debug this?
Can you also please mention the type of phone and if it is running non stock android.